Hi there! My name is Kenan Ali, thanks for visiting my site and welcome. Whether you are looking for Fight Direction or Stage Combat classes you are in the right place. For Fight Direction click here and for Stage Combat tuition click here.
I’m an Equity Registered Fight Director and a certified BADC Performance Combat tutor from Manchester. I have a number of theatre and film credits as Fight Director, and currently teach stage combat at theatre schools, universities and conservatoires in the north of England (including Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts, Royal Northern College of Music, Staffordshire University and Liverpool Theatre School).
I am also a qualified BAF fencing coach at Foil (Level 3) and an experienced martial artist, having studied many styles since childhood, with a particular penchant for all forms of Chinese Kung Fu. I hold a black belt in Chinese Boxing, I enjoy training Choi Li Fut Kung Fu and I’m also an experienced exponent of Wing Chun with Ching Mo Schools in Manchester.
Qualifications and credentials:
- BA Hons Degree in Acting Studies (1st class)
- PGCE (Language & Communications)
- Equity Registered Fight Director
- BADC certified teacher status in Stage Combat
- Black belt in Wu Shu Kwan Chinese Boxing
- BAF fencing coach at Foil (level 3)
- Gold standard fencing performance proficiencies at all three weapons (Épée, Foil and Sabre)
- DBS Check
- First aid training
- Training in Historical European Martial Arts (HEMA)
- Training in Mime, Dance, Thai Boxing and Judo.
Mike is a trusted associate and often assists me with teaching and on various projects. Mike is a highly trained stage combatant and a working actor.
“Love the art in yourself, not yourself in the art.” – Constantin Stanislavski